By: Alec Scott 12/09/23
Prep Time: 10-15min Cook Time: 5-10min
Difficulty: Easy Mushroom variety: Oyster.
Oyster mushrooms are one of my favorite types of mushrooms because they're so versatile and delicious. They can be used in a variety of dishes, from stir-fries to pizzas to salads.
In this recipe, we're going to coat the oyster mushrooms in a simple breadcrumb mixture and fry them until they're golden brown and crispy. They're the perfect snack or appetizer, and they're also great served with a side of rice or pasta.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 kg oyster mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the oyster mushrooms in the flour mixture to coat all sides.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the coated oyster mushrooms to the skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
These vegan mushroom strips are crispy, flavorful, and perfect for a vegan meal. They can be served as a snack, appetizer, or main course.
Here are some additional tips for making this recipe:
- Use fresh oyster mushrooms if possible. They will have the best flavor and texture. You can grow your own with our mushroom grow boxes.
- If you don't have vegetable oil, you can substitute another oil, such as canola oil or peanut oil.
- You can also add other spices to the flour mixture, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, or chili powder.
- Serve these strips with your favorite dipping sauce, such as vegan ranch dressing or hummus.
I hope you enjoy! Please let us know your thoughts.